Reading Level 3 - 5
Interest Level 8 - 12
With the Work Place Role-Play Series modules, your students will truly experience the workplace. In order to simulate a realistic work site, the author worked with actual companies to create entry-level employee tasks that can be accomplished in the classroom. Each of the 5 modules includes: Objectives, Teaching Suggestions, Actual Job Site Samples, a Task Overview, Specific Task Instructions, and Answer Keys. Each module has reproducible worksheets and can function independently from the others.
SPECIFIC MODULES & TASKS:
- Restaurant: Take orders, assign tables, order supplies, size recipes up or down
- Health Care: Use medical abbreviations, schedule appointments for patients, place purchase orders, figure inventory
- Banking: Interpret bank encoding, perform routine teller transactions, complete a teller blotter, proof transactions, prepare a bank statement
- Grocery Store: Sort products by departments, take bakery and deli orders, provide customer service, memorize product codes, balance cash register
- Park District: Schedule staff, write reports and public service announcements, fill out maintenance service requests, complete a task sheet
About the Author
Ellen McPeek Glisan has a M.S. in learning disabilities and started teaching in a cross-categorical classroom in a small rural Northern Illinois junior-senior high school. Writing complete programs that had a clear purpose in the lives of her students became her passion. She has created an entire line of School-to-Work materials for both regular and special education classrooms for children and adults.