(Part of the PRO-ED Series on Autism Spectrum Disorders–Second Edition)
Visual supports are essential components of programs serving students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and can help provide a variety of information that enables these students to better understand and complete tasks with greater independence.
Visual Supports, Second Edition provides information to help educators and families utilize visual displays or cues, such as schedules, boundaries, labels, and consequence maps, to help students with ASD achieve improved learning outcomes.
- Creating Visual Supports for Students With Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Visual Supports That Provide Information
- Visual Strategies That Support Behavior and Emotional Regulation
- Visual Supports That Structure the Learning Environment
- Visual Supports That Enhance Cognition and Language Development
- Visual Supports That Enhance Comprehension of Classroom Instruction
- Visual Strategies That Support Conversation and Social Skills
136 pages • 6" x 9" • softcover • ©2018