Words: Integrated Decoding and Spelling Instruction Based on Word Origin and Word Structure–Second Edition
(12626) ISBN: 9781416404415
Now includes a CD with PDFs of all reproducible items!
TARGET GROUP: Grades 3-8; Students in need of specific, systematic instruction in reading.
This is a new edition of Marcia Henry’s much-loved book, WORDS, now includes reproducible student activities and expanded progress-monitoring tools. WORDS emphasizes decoding and spelling based on word origin and word structure, thus strengthening students' ability to decode, comprehend, ans spell. Students will master new vocabulary across the core curriculum subjects. Suitable for individuals or small groups.
- Syllable patterns, such as VC/CV and V/CV
- Anglo-Saxon, Latin, and Greek word roots
- Prefixes and suffixes
- Strategies for decoding and spelling long, unfamiliar words
- Children and adults with reading and spelling skills of third grade and above
Students in general education and learning disability classrooms
Individuals or small groups
- Lesson plans
- Multiple examples of the concepts taught
- Pretests, posttests, and unit quizzes
Reproducible materials on CD-ROM
Complete Kit Includes: Manual and CD
To see more of this product's contents:
256 pages • 8.5 x 11 • softcover manual with CD-ROM • ©2010
word origin, prefix, suffix, decoding, spelling instruction, word structure, Previous Edition: #7621