Rehabilitation Counseling: Basics and Beyond — Fifth Edition
(13687) ISBN: 9781416404958
This excellent text provides both a basic foundation for students beginning their journey into rehabilitation counseling and a broad-based reference for current practitioners. The contents provide a conceptual overview of the professional, historical, theoretical, research, and applied foundations of the rehabilitation counseling profession. The information presented illuminates contemporary practices and issues, pointing out possible future directions.
This fifth edition reflects major changes in the field of rehabilitation counseling and consequently represents a substantial revision of the previous edition. All chapters were revised and updated.
Examples of changes in the fifth edition include:
- the 2010 Code of Ethics for Professional Rehabilitation Counselors,
- the 2009 Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act,
- inclusion of developmental issues that arise in counseling individuals over the lifespan with emphasis on culture and sexual orientation,
- quality of life models of adaptation to disability with increased emphasis on intervention strategies,
- new service delivery models for career development and job placement, and
- additional information on quantitative and qualitative research design.
These changes will help students and practicing professionals in their efforts to keep their knowledge base current.
To see more of this product's contents:
©2012 • 7" x 10" • 424 pages • softcover perfect binding •
Previous Edition: #10598
Rehabilitation counseling, vocational rehabilitation, rehabilitation services, rehabilitation education, rehabilitation psychology, 10598