Making a Difference for America's Children: Speech-Language Pathologists in Public Schools – Second Edition
(12961) ISBN: 9781416404187
Two nationally known experts, Drs. Judy Montgomery and Barbara Moore, provide a framework for the expanded working situations of SLPs and help create a vision of the possibilities for children and professionals within federal guidelines and requirements of the public school system. Making a Difference for America's Children-Speech-Language Pathologists in Public Schools, Second Edition
- Gets you up-to-date on what SLPs working in the public schools need to know.
- Gives the most current updates on Federal legislative changes in NCLB and IDEA.
- Discusses increased emphasis on early literacy and evidence-based practices.
- Discusses the sweeping movement of response to intervention (RtI).
- Defines the future roles of SLPs and audiologists in the schools.
The second edition includes updates of information from Making a Difference in the Era of Accountability, also by Moore and Montgomery—all in one resource. It presents ten chapters:
- Speech-Language and Audiology Services in the Educational System: Trends and Considerations
Legislative Foundation of Special Education
Referral and Assessment
The IEP Process and Procedures
Service Delivery Options in Schools
Providing Successful Intervention and Access to Curriculum
Procedural Safeguards and Other Protections for Children in Special Education
The Work World of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists in Public Schools
A Promising Future for School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
3 appendices: Response to Intervention: New Roles for Speech-Language Pathologists; To Screen or Not to Screen. That is the Question; ASHA's Code of Ethics.
Glossary defining important terminology and concepts Whether you are reentering the public schools from private therapy or practicing in the public schools today, Making a Difference for America's Children-Second Edition is an invaluable resource for information and current trends.
To see more of this product's contents:
541 pages • 8.5 x 11 • Perfect-bound • Softcover • ©2008 • 3lbs.
schools, NCLB, IDEA, early literacy, evidence-based, RtI, IEP