Thank you for your interest in working for PRO-ED.
From time to time, PRO-ED will post open employment opportunities to this page. Please return to this page in the future to view the current opportunities as well as the process to submit your resume/application.
PRO-ED is a non-smoking, equal opportunity employer with a casual work environment.
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
Production Assistant Needed
The Production Assistant provides typesetting, proofreading, and administrative support to the Production Department.
- Assist with tasks including working with Print Buyers to produce print revisions (including rebranding) in Creative Cloud applications, proofreading, and assisting Production Editors with tasks as necessary
- Review printer’s proofs
- Act as a liaison with the Library of Congress (LOC) Copyright Office
- Help maintain style guide, compositor’s guide, test author guide, books and materials author guide, and independent producer’s guide
- Assist with PDF, Quark, or InDesign conversions to Text/Word for products going into revision
- Fulfill accessible conversion requests for persons with print disabilities
- Perform miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as filing, archiving electronic files, and ordering office supplies
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent experience. Two or more years of publishing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in Creative Cloud (or Suite) design applications (InDesign, in particular) is required; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) necessary; familiarity with Filemaker Pro a plus
- Demonstrated proofreading ability (if invited for an interview, applicant will be asked to complete a proofreading test)
- Knowledge of typography, art, and publication design helpful
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and produce quality work
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with both internal and external customers in a team environment
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to talk to the public in person and via telephone
- Familiarity with file sharing on a network
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and American Psychological Association style helpful
- Standard office equipment including but not limited to computer, fax, copier, multi-line telephone system
- Sedentary work
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions or duties requested by their supervisor. The company is a non-smoking, equal-opportunity employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org