Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions (JPBI)
Visit the JPBI webpage for more information or to subscribe.
Published: 4 times/year
ISSN: 10983007 (print)
ISSN: 15384772 (electronic)
The Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions offers sound, research-based
principles of positive behavior support for use in school, home, and community
settings with people with challenges in behavioral adaptation.
Regular features of JPBI include
- empirical research — detailed case studies; descriptive, survey, and qualitative research
- discussion, literature review, and conceptual papers — authoritative considerations of issues that pertain to school, home, and community-based supports
- programs, practices, and innovations — program descriptions and research-to-practice articles that delineate strategies for implementation
- Forum — brief articles providing perspectives on controversial issues, responses to published material, and personal experiences
- book and material reviews
Aims & Scope
The aim of JPBI is to
expand the knowledge and practice of effective behavioral support in school,
home, and community settings, with a focus on comprehensive outcomes in the
lives of children, youth, and adults. Goals are to extend the empirical
database; enhance the conceptual framework; and provide a forum for
researchers, professionals, families, and policymakers. Articles must be
relevant for the development and application of behavioral support.
The Journal of Positive
Behavior Interventions is
the official journal of the Association for Positive Behavior Support (APBS).