Intervention in School and Clinic (ISC)
Visit the ISC webpage for more information or to subscribe.
Published: 5 times/year
ISSN: 10534512 (print)
ISSN: 15384810 (electronic)
Intervention equips teachers and
clinicians with hands-on tips, techniques, methods, and ideas for improving
assessment, instruction, and management for individuals with learning
disabilities or behavior disorders. This innovative and readable periodical
provides educational information ready for immediate implementation.
Regular features include
- cover stories on timely, important issues
- "What Works for Me" — practitioners' suggestions on instructional strategies and management techniques
- "Technology Trends" — innovations in technology
- "Policy and Law Briefs" — provides explanations and implications for existing laws and legislation that affect the field of special education; offers updates on new legislation under review
Perspectives" focuses on work with students
with LD or EBD from an international viewpoint
- "An Interview With…" — perspectives from educators, students, administrators, or parents
Aims & Scope
Intervention in School and Clinic is practitioner-oriented and
designed to provide practical, research-based ideas to educators who work with
students with severe learning disabilities and emotional/behavioral problems.
Emphasis is placed on strategies and techniques that can be easily implemented
in school or clinic settings and address the multifaceted needs of students
with severe LD and emotional/behavioral problems. Specifically, articles should
target curricular, instructional, social, behavioral, assessment, and
vocational strategies and techniques and have direct application to the
The Council for Learning
Disabilities (CLD) provides Intervention as one of its membership benefits.