Practical Ideas That Really Work for Students with ADHD: Preschool Through Grade 4—Second Edition, Complete Kit
Practical Ideas That Really Work for Students with ADHD—Second Edition
is just what many educators have been looking for:
- A product that provides teachers with practical and sensible solutions for students’ problems with inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
- A resource for teachers, behavior specialists, psychologists, counselors, and administrators who must document interventions.
- A tool for IEP committees who are charged with developing accommodations for students with ADHD.
- A sourcebook for prereferral intervention teams, who plan strategies for students before their placement in specialized programs.
The materials include two components:
- An easy to use evaluation form to rate a student’s behaviors that interfere with student learning and a matrix to select appropriate interventions; and
- A book of practical ideas, containing suggestions for interventions, explanations of strategies, reproducible forms, and helpful examples.
The Rating Scale
The rating scale consists of 54 items measuring three areas: inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity and is linked directly to the planning matrix, which allows for the selection of several appropriate interventions. It has been field-tested to ensure reliability and validity. Reliability coefficients range from .96 to .97. In addition the scale differentiates between students with ADHD and students without ADHD. Students with ADHD were rated significantly higher on the scale than other students.
Changes in the Second Edition
This second edition has changed in the following ways:
- The materials are organized into two age-appropriate versions:
- Preschool Through Grade 4
- Grade 5 Through Grade 12
- All ideas and forms have been updated; several ideas were deleted based on feedback from educators and other professionals.
- Approximately 50% of the ideas have been changed substantially (e.g., new forms have been included) or are completely new ideas.
Other Practical Ideas
The authors have written several other Practical Ideas That Really Work materials in the following areas: autism spectrum disorders; disruptive, defiant, and difficult behaviors; reading problems; and gifted. The authors remain focused on helping educators design positive, practical, and effective methods of intervening with students by providing ideas that can help students succeed both academically and socially.
COMPLETE PITRW FOR STUDENTS WITH ADHD INCLUDES: Manual and 10 Evaluation Forms
CLICK HERE FOR THE SPANISH EDITION
To see more of this product's contents:
ADHD,Learning Disabilities,Working With Students with ADHD,progress monitoring